General Information about the IMA
Who We Are And What We Do
The International Mentoring Association (IMA) promotes individual and organizational development through mentoring best practices in public and private institutions, businesses and industry. This diverse and dynamic worldwide organization unites a broad cross-section of hundreds of individuals, world-wide, who are interested in the theory and practice of mentoring.
Each member brings a unique experience and a fresh perspective from various fields of mentoring. Working together, IMA members share a common commitment to finding ways to increase the effectiveness of mentoring and to sharing these strategies with all members. Membership is open to all who support the objectives of the Association:
- Provide professional development activities for members of the Association and mentor program leaders
- Identify and maintain effective practice and research information on mentoring strategies and programs
- Facilitate effective mentoring and implementation of high impact mentoring programs
- Provide a regular, public forum for learning about effective mentoring
IMA is committed to model and support a wider understanding of the term “diversity.” All of IMA’s activities and publications focus on building on the strengths provided by dialogue across all settings and contexts, all age and experience levels, gender, viewpoint, and every other difference. By working together through our common commitment to mentoring as a tool for increased learning and performance and our diversity as a strength, we can truly change the world.
Your Source for Mentoring Information, Support & Guidance
The International Mentoring Association is committed to increasing your individual and program success. One way we do that is by providing access to the proven information and best practices that you need for planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and improving the impact of your mentoring program and your personal mentoring and leadership.
This site comprises a huge resource. While some of these resources are available to all visitors, access to many areas of the site (500+ pages!) is restricted to members only. Consider joining IMA if you are:
- A mentoring organization, a mentoring program director, or staff development or training leader
- An educator or staff from K-12 to graduate level
- A human resources, HRD, or other business or non-profit professional
- A mentoring researcher, trainer or consultant
- A mentor, mentee or protégé
Learn more now about how to join IMA. Working together, we can accomplish so much more, for you and for the world-wide mentoring initiative.
“Every person’s fullest potential is realized through a mentoring relationship”
“To create global communities for sharing resources that lead to development of highly effective mentoring programs via a diverse support base and through a variety of venues.”